What is the Health Equity and Lifestyle Project (HELP) Conference about?
The Health Equity and Lifestyle Project (HELP) Conference is a three-day in-person conference hosted in partnership between The Plantrician Project and Healthy Heart Nation. The conference is designed to explore the critical relationship between social determinants of health, health disparities and the role of evidence-based, lifestyle medicine as a critical and underutilized tool in addressing health disparities and reversing the chronic disease burden trend.
Are there Continuing Medical Education Credits (CME’s) provided?
We are applying for 15 AMA Category 1 CME credits and we expect to be awarded all of them. See CME page for details.
What is the Schedule of Events?
- Sunday, March 24, 2024 (Day 1) – Arrival, registration, reception and Opening Dinner & Keynote Address. Reception and dinner provided with registration. See agenda page for details.
- Monday, March 25, 2024 (Day 2) – Full day of educational sessions. Breakfast, lunch and dinner provided with registration. See agenda page for details.
- Tuesday, March 26, 2024 (Day 3) – Partial day of educational sessions. Breakfast and lunch. See agenda page for details.
Who should attend the Health Equity and Lifestyle Project (HELP) Conference?
Our target audience is ANYONE interested in the conversation around health disparities, chronic disease, and the evidence-based role of nutrition and lifestyle to dramatically lower rates of chronic disease and establish more equitable and resilient health. Medical doctors, allied health practitioners, healthcare administrators, community and faith-based influencers are our target audience but everyday citizens are also invited to attend.
What options are there for attending?
Full conference registration is from Sunday to Tuesday. See registration page for more information.
What about Covid 19?
We look forward to conducting the 2024 HELP Conference in the same fashion we have conducted events in the past. At this point, we have no plans to implement any COVID related restrictions in order to attend the Conference, but we encourage each individual to take measures that they deem appropriate for them. We look forward to welcoming you to a vibrant, enlightening and safe conference March 24-26, 2024.
Will there be breakout sessions?
There are no plans for breakout sessions during the Conference.
What is included in my registration?
- IN-PERSON FULL ACCESS to the 2024 Health Equity and Lifestyle Project (HELP) Conference with up to 15 hours of educational content and inspiring discussion
- Opportunity to network and collaborate with health, community and faith-based leaders and other experts on health equity
- SIX (6) DELICIOUS PLANT-BASED MEALS ARE INCLUDED
- SUNDAY: Reception and dinner
- MONDAY: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- TUESDAY: Breakfast and lunch
- Up to 15 hours of AMA PRA Category 1 Continuing Medical Education (CME) Credits. (CME’s pending. Visit CME page for updated details.)
Will there be an opportunity to ask questions of the presenters?
Yes, bur due to the tight schedule, it may be difficult to answer all questions of presenters. The best time for questions is during the breaks. Most of the speakers are at the conference for multiple days so you should be able to get your question answered one-way or another.
Will we receive copies of the Conference Faculty presentations?
Within approximately 7 days of the completion of the conference, we will post all available faculty presentations. Keep in mind that due to various copyright issues, some presentations may not be available.
What meals are included?
Six meals are included:
– Reception and Dinner on Sunday, March 24, 2024
– Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner on Monday, March 25, 2024
– Breakfast and Lunch on Tuesday, March 26, 2024
Are you filming the program?
At this point we have no plans to film the HELP sessions.
As attendees, can we film the conference?
HELP conference officials do not allow attendees, sponsors, faculty, volunteers or any third party to film sessions of the Conference. Please refrain from this. If you are caught doing so, you will be removed from the conference.
If you are interested in helping us spread the word about our Conference, the best way to do that is to visit our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and share our tweets, feeds, posts and pics.
Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
What airports are most conveniently located near the Huntsville Marriott at the Space & Rocket Center?
Does the Huntsville Marriott at the Space & Rocket Center offer an airport shuttle?
No. See the Logistics page for more details.
Is there a fee for parking?
There is NO fee for parking. See the Logistics page for more details.
Does the group room rate apply for any days before or after the conference dates?
The group guest room rates will be offered by Marriott up to three (3) days prior and/or three (3) days following the conference dates, subject to room and group rate availability at the time of reservation
See the Logistics page for more details.
What time is guest room check-in and check-out at the Huntsville Marriott at the Space & Rocket Center?
Standard resort check-in time begins at 3:00 PM, check-out time is 12:00 PM. All guests arriving before 3:00 PM may be accommodated as rooms become available.
The Bell Staff can arrange to check baggage for those arriving early when rooms are unavailable and for guests attending functions on departure day.
See the Logistics page for more details.